Why Should I Have a Consultation?
- A consultation allows the attorney and the client to learn about each other.
- A consultation gives you an opportunity to have an in-depth, confidential interview with the attorney, discuss your case, and ask any questions that you may have. It is also an opportunity for you to decide whether you would like to work with this attorney.
- A consultation allows the attorney to understand your immigration history and develop strategies to solve your problem.
- A consultation will help the attorney pinpoint areas where further research is needed and what documents need to be obtained.
- A consultation will give you an idea about the likelihood of success in your case, potential difficulties and risks, expected processing times, and much more.
- A consultation will help the attorney determine the cost of representing you. Because each client’s situation is different, the attorney can determine the cost of representation only after learning about your particular circumstances and immigration history as well as the level of difficulty of your case.
- A consultation does not obligate the attorney to take the case or the client to hire the attorney; an attorney-client relationship is created only upon signing the Representation Agreement.
- The firm provides an initial consultation for a $100 charge for the initial consultation that lasts for up to two hours. Payment is due at the beginning of the consultation (or before a consultation for a detained case) and can be made in cash, by personal check drawn on a US bank, money order, or by debit or credit card, or online.
- At the end of the consultation, you will know how much it will cost to for the attorney’s services for representing you.
- The cost of representation and terms of payment will be discussed in detail during the consultation and memorialized in a written contract between the client and the attorney. It will also include the duties and responsibilities of both the attorney to the client and from the client to the attorney.
- To give you value for your money, predictability in knowing the cost of representation upfront, and to allow you to budget for your legal representation, we offer flat fees and payment plans.